• A day in my life

    I use Grammarly's plagiarism check because creativity is what makes the world go round.

    My day usually begins around 8am with my baby calling for me. Since he was born, I never had to set up the alarm clock again. Then it’s the regular family routine: dress up, eat breakfast, feed Gucci the cat, prepare meals, leave the house, return to the house because I forgot something (the cell phone, the snack bag, the wallet, the sunglasses...), get on my bike and leave to the office.

    Isn't my bicycle beautiful? Eco-chic :) 

    I work fulltime as a creative copywriter. I specialize in copywriting and my daily tasks consist in creating engaging and (hopefully) not-too-annoying ad campaigns for different products such as beer, computers, banks or even cars. I work with my art director and long time friend Sofia, who also illustrated the covers of both my books. It’s excellent to work in a creative atmosphere of an advertising agency.

    Whenever I have a long break (waiting for a client’s reply, for instance, which sometimes takes more than a day) I put on my writer’s skin: write down ideas, short stories, blog entries, respond to fan email and promote my books online. When I’m writing a book, I take those breaks to edit what I wrote the night before or finish a chapter. Sometimes it’s annoying not being able to write my books whenever I want or feel inspired, but I learned how to live with that. I would have a few more books published if I wrote full time, but I still need this job to pay the bills.

    work station @HAVAS WW 

    Around 6pm I go home, grab my baby and go to the park. When we return we go back to family routine: grocery shopping, baby bath, make dinner, set table, do some laundry, clean baby mess, put baby to bed and, finally, rest on the couch. That’s when I close my eyes and think about my stories, the ones I have to make time to put down on the paper somehow. At least until my husband sits down next to me and kindly demands his share of attention.
    Mummy Time 


    Difficult? You bet. But while I can’t control my brain and tell him to stop inventing characters and stories, that’s what I’ll do.
    Comentários
    0 Comentários

    0 comentários → A day in my life

    Post a Comment